Thursday, February 10, 2011

Coffee and Rainboots. The key to a successful classroom.

A friend jokingly (if that is even a word) told me that she thought the key my classroom success is Starbucks.  I'd like to think it's a combination of Starbucks (or coffee in general) and rainboots -- the two things I need to make it through the week. 
A.  Coffee.  I love my coffee.  I will drink it from home, from Dunkin' Donuts, from Starbucks, from a parent, from Port City Java... I'm not picky.  I spread the coffee love. :)  You need a good amount of caffine to do all the random crazy things I do sometimes. 
B.  Rainboots.  I LOVE my rainboots! :)  I wear them in the rain, when there are puddles, in the snow (because we have actually had a lot this year) and sometimes, just because.  There is something about rainbow polka dots that makes a gloomy day just a bit brighter.  I love doing carpool duty and greeting the students in the morning.  There is something special about a high five, a smile and the occasional hug to start your day. 

Despite funny looks I will continue to wear my fabulous boots, crazy hats and mittens.  I'll keep on drinking the coffee and loving life as a Music teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment