Thursday, February 10, 2011

Bright Ideas... A Work in Progress

In the fall, I was awarded a "Bright Ideas" grant to build guitars with my second grade students.  Well... the guitars were a little more complicated than I imagined.  The FABULOUS Fifth graders have stepped up to the plate to help build the guitars.  Both grade levels have been working VERY hard to build the guitars.  The first few steps are finished.  Next week, the students will begin designing and painting their guitars with the Art teacher.  Once decorated we will glue the soundboard/neck on the guitar body and we will be ready to rock'n'roll.  On Thursday, I will bring a guitar with me to the Board of Education meeting where I will be recognized for the grant. 

Here is a look at the process...








 

No comments:

Post a Comment